I have been involved in Agriculture for the last 16 years and have worked my way through the ranks, all the way from assistant nursery manager at Amorentia Estate to where I am today in the position of Chief Operation Officer at Agricolleges International.
- I matriculated in 1995 from Ben Vorster High School in Tzaneen, where I grew up on a farm.
- I went on to study marketing at University of Pretoria, but unfortunately did not complete my studies.
- In 1998 I returned to Tzaneen and worked as a nursery manager at a retail nursery.
- In 2000 I bought the company I was working for and managed that as my own business for 3 years.
- In 2003 I joined Amorentia Estate as nursery assistant.
- I worked my way up to Nursery Manager and then Estate Manager.
- In 2009 I took up the position as General manager at Amorentia Estate.
- In that same year we expanded our operations into Mozambique where we developed a huge Agricultural project which we sold in 2015.
- In 2012 I completed a business management diploma through UNISA.
- In 2015 we started Agricolleges International as an add on to our ever expanding Agricultural enterprise at Amorentia Estate. amorentia.co.za
- I was the co-founder of Agricolleges in late 2015 and I still serve as vice-chairman of the board.
- In 2018 I was promoted to Managing Director at Amorentia Estate and Chief Operations Officer at Agricolleges.
My involvement in the online Agricultural field has meant that I completed 3 courses in Instructional Design in 2018 and I am now seen to be a qualified Instructional Designer.
AGRICOLLEGES international will become a beacon of excellence in the education of aspirant students wishing to train in the disciplines related to all allied industries of the Agri-sector.
AGRICOLLEGES international aims to offer affordable hope and opportunity to students in South Africa, Africa and across the globe, through cloud-based and shared e-learning of agricultural content, and will promote the principles of sustainable production to further food security around the world.
AGRICOLLEGES international aims to retain links to the global industry and graduate future leaders therein, by employing the finest course-work creators from leading Agri-learning institutions world-wide.
The increasing demands being placed on the agricultural sector requires that we step up to help grow the skills pool, reduce unemployment, promote economic development and drive improved food security in the decades to come. We will tackle these issues by revolutionising the teaching and training of agriculture-related subjects in South Africa and beyond.